This is a project that I initially “started” way back in 2013, but have only really been putting time into it since October last year. It’s a little more advanced than I’m going to show right now, but I felt that I needed to show a progress picture rather than just jumping straight to the finished piece (which is still a little while away – watch this space :D)
So this photo is what it looked like in mid-January:
This one’s quite a popular pattern, and I’ve seen it stitched at least three times before by other crazy crafters, but I love the pattern and so I decided to be yet another in a long line
Come back soon – I plan to post another intermediate update before I finish
However, I’ve been working more and that’s meant less time for stitching. On the other hand, I have met new people and made new friends. And since I am a nice person (/s), I have ended up making birthday presents. This one is for you Mark! Thank you for the idea.
I started to answer and I had a number in my head for how many stitches I thought I would get from a skein, but then I thought more about it. How do I know? I have never looked into it, have never seen any information about it, so how can I be of use giving advice I don’t even know?
So of course the next thing was – I needed to know for myself now.
As many of you may know I have been working on Madeline, and she has a large patch of solid white colour on her chest where the sun beams stream through the window.
It’s been a while – we’ve been busy moving into new house and as a first time buyers – it’s been stressful. However, I have still been working on Madeline. I will not stop, and I will finish – in about 9 years if I keep up the pace.
And now for something completely different! So, while we were in Latvia, we decided to make an outdoor enclosure for the sheep. They get really hot in the barn if the weather is hot, and being the middle of Latvia, the temperature often exceeds 30C in the summer.
The plan was to build a 12m by 6m enclosure. One half would be an open area bounded by a wattle fence built by us and the other half would be a roofed off area built by others (in case of overnight rain). The enclosure was not completed by the time that we left Latvia, but we did finish our half of it – with the nice wattle fence – and that’s what this blog post is about.
We found a suitable place to locate the enclosure and chopped some bushes to make more room as well as to provide materials.
Here you can see the first panel finished. The large poles on the right are for the covered half of the enclosure (to support the roof). On our panel, the middle support poles were too thin – one of them broke just before finishing, and so we learnt from our mistakes and decided to use thicker poles from here onwards.
What can I say – it’s been a long time since the last update, but this project is going to take years to finish and I don’t want to fill the blog with lots of updates that all look very similar. Here’s where I am at the moment: